(Johnsburg, NY October 28, 2003) The Trustees of the Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation have announced the recipients of their year 2003-2004 grant funding year.
Fall of 2003:
For more details, please see The Press Release.
- North Country Pubic Radio to help underwrite their “Natural Selections” radio program.
- Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain Lake to help underwrite their “Cabin Fever” Series.
- The Watershed Stewartship Institute at Paul Smith’s to fund an interpretive brochure on invasive aquatic species.
- The Pendragon Theatre to help underwrite two performances of “Romeo & Juliet” at the Tannery Pond Community Center, North Creek and at a local school.
- The John Thurman Historical Society to help underwrite the 2004 Fiddler’s Jamboree.
- The Lake George Arts Project to underwrite their DeYoung, Martin and Murphy Art Show.
- Oscar Seagle Colony to underwrite outreach programs to local schools.
- The Friends of Sculpting to underwrite a Snow Sculpting Workshop in the Adirondack Park.
- The Upper Hudson Arts and Services Consortium to hire a part-time HRS Administrator for one year.
- The Adirondack Architectural Heritage to help underwrite a video, “The History of Adirondack Fire Towers”.
- The Town of Webb Historical Association for a digital camera and equipment to digitize their collections.
- The Residents’ Committee to Protect the Adirondacks to fund a survey of regional wood producers as part of a sustainable forestry certification project.
- Mountain Lakes PBS to help underwrite their “Art Express” series featuring Adirondack artists.
Matching grants were also awarded to:
- The Minerva Service Organization to help raise funds for a new backstop at Brannon Field.
- The Town of Chester to help raise funds to provide for the creation of a collection of local histories in hard copy and tape.
The Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation is a private foundation created in December of 2000 to “improve the Quality of Life for year round residents of the Adirondack Park”.
Applications for 2004-2005 funding will be accepted between July 1, 2004 and August 30, 2004. The foundation can be contacted by writing PO Box 105, Johnsburg, NY 12843 or via their website www.Pearsallfoundation.org.