(Johnsburg, NY November 4, 2004) The Trustees of the Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation have announced the recipients of their year 2004-2005 grant funding year.
Fall of 2004
- North Country Pubic Radio to help underwrite their “Natural Selections” radio program.
- Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain Lake to help underwrite their “Cabin Fever” Series.
- North Creek Outreach Center to help underwrite Project Tax Credits, a new initiative to help local residents file for their entitled earned-income tax credits.
- The Association for the Protection of the Adirondacks to help funda new outdoor and experimental program for young people regarding the history of the Adirondack Wilderness.
- The John Thurman Historical Society to help underwrite the 2005 Fiddler’s Jamboree.
- Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York to help fund the cost of a venison donation program in the Adirondacks.
- Tannery Pond Community Center to support their regional “Teenagers Only” program.
- The Friends of Sculpting to underwrite a Snow Sculpting Workshop in the Adirondack Park.
- Bluseed Studios of Saranac Lake to help fund their “Open Minded Mic Night Youth Series”.
- Mountain Lakes PBS to help underwrite their “Art Express” series featuring Adirondack artists.
- The Our Town Theater Group for stage sets and costs for their annual Community Holiday Celebration.
The Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation is a private foundation created in December of 2000 to improve the Quality of Life for year round residents of the Adirondack Park.
Applications for 2005-2006 funding will be accepted between July 1, 2005 and August 30, 2005. The foundation can be contacted by writing PO Box 105, Johnsburg, NY 12843 or via their website www.Pearsallfoundation.org.