(Johnsburg, NY November 09, 2007) The Trustees of the Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation have announced the recipients of their 2007-2008 grant funding year.
Fall of 2007
- Wildlife Institute of Eastern New York for Adirondack Animals programs in elementary schools within the Adirondack Park
- Adirondack Lake Center for the Arts for after school art programs and childrens summer workshops
- Paine Memorial Free Library for books for the summer reading program
- Tannery Pond Community Center for Teenagers Only
- Adirondack Community Trust for their Special and Urgent Needs Fund for Adirondack based not for profits
- Waverly Youth Council to help replace obsolete and unsafe playground equipment
- North Country Public Radio for Natural Selections
- Hamilton County Community Action to help stock the food pantry
- Northern Adirondack Planned Parenthood Inc. for two Mother/Daughter retreats
- Adirondack Experiences Inc. for their Therapeutic Intervention Program for Youth at Risk
- Adirondack Museum for the Cabin Fever series
- Planned Parenthood Mohawk- Hudson for infrastructure improvements at 135 Warren Street
- Pendragon Theatre for a fall-winter production brought to the Greater Gore Mt. Area
- Historical Society of the Town of Chester for the Sumy Gallery
- Johnsburg EMS for an automated external defibrillator
- Samaritan Family Counseling Centers to help underwrite parenting classes
- Mountain Lake PBS for Art Express
- Deepwater Experiential Education Project for their wilderness education program for Adirondack youth
- Hudson Headwaters Health Network for assistance in funding a replacement handicapped accessible bus for seniors and disabled persons in Warren and Essex Counties
- Cornell University Co-operative Extention of Warren County for two incubation and embryology units for 4-H and grade schools in Warren County
- Seagle Music Colony to help underwrite opera outreach programs in area schools.
The Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation is a private foundation created in December of 2000 to improve the Quality of Life for year round residents of the Adirondack Park.
Applications for 2008-2009 funding will be accepted between July 1, 2008 and August 30, 2008. The foundation can be contacted by writing PO Box 105, Johnsburg, NY 12843 or via their website http://www.PearsallFoundation.org.