(Johnsburg, NY November 30, 2006) The Trustees of the Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation have announced the recipients of their 2006-2007 grant funding year.
Fall of 2006
- ACT (Adirondack Community Trust) to support Adirondack Nonprofit Excellence Seminars
- The Waverly Youth Council to partially fund scholarships for local teens to attend life guard training for the newly reopened Waverly beach, as well as offset expenses of a summer recreation program
- RCPA for two water sampling kits for the Adirondack Lakes Assessment Program
- Tannery Pond Community Center Association, Inc. to support the Teenagers Only! program
- Town of Webb Historical Association to purchase a new computer, network the computer, and allow for remotely gathered materials to be integrated into their collection
- Ticonderoga Festival Guild to help defray costs of bringing “The Puppet People” to Ticonderoga for their Oct. 29th show
- Adirondack Lakes Center for the Arts to fund 18 after school programs
- Schroon Lake Arts Council to bring The Puppet People to Schroon Lake for a childrens workshop and free puppet production
- Minerva Service Organization to help fund the completion of Brannon Field, specifically a phone and phone line for emergencies
- Warren – Hamilton Community Action to help re-stock food pantry shelves
- Mountain Lakes PBS to continue underwriting “Art Express”
- Adirondack Arts and Healing Retreat to support scholarship funding for the Adirondack Arts and Healing Retreat
- The Wildlife Institute of Eastern New York to support the “Adirondack Animals” program for Essex County schools
- Pit Stop Ministries Inc. of Northville to support an archeological dig of the 1813 Hotel Northville.
- The Wildlife Conservation Society to continue supporting the Community Exchange Program
- Adirondack Museum to continue underwriting their winter Cabin Fever series
- Junior Achievement of Northeastern New York, Inc. to help underwrite the Junior Achievement Elementary School Program
- North Country Public Radio to continue underwriting Natural Selections
The Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation is a private foundation created in December of 2000 to improve the Quality of Life for year round residents of the Adirondack Park.
Applications for 2007-2008 funding will be accepted between July 1, 2007 and August 30, 2007. The foundation can be contacted by writing PO Box 105, Johnsburg, NY 12843 or via their website http://www.PearsallFoundation.org.