(Johnsburg, NY October 10, 2002) The Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation have announced the recipients of their year 2002-2003 grant funding year.
Programs and not-for-profit organizations being funded this year include:
Fall of 2002
- North Country Pubic Radio to help underwrite their “Natural Selections” radio program.
- Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain Lake to help underwrite their “Cabin Fever” Series.
- North Country Outreach Center for renovation and operation of a facility for a local food pantry and lodging for woman in distress.
- Friends of Sculpting to help underwrite winter ice sculpture workshops.
- The Tannery Pond Community Center to underwrite youth programming.
- Ticonderoga Festival Guild to help underwrite a Syracuse Symphony Concert.
- Lake George Historical Association for a digital camera to digitize their archives.
- Stratford on Hudson for their Dicken’s Open House Program.
- Westport Depot Theatre for their youth outreach program.
- Lake George Land Conservancy to underwrite a nature brochure.
- 4-H Ride/Warren County Cooperative Extension for equipment for the disabled children horse ride program.
- Wild Care Rehabilitators for wildlife rehabilitator training.
Matching grants were also awarded to:
- Adirondack Lakes Arts Center in Blue Mountain Lake for signage and lighting.
- Clinton Community Library at Cranberry Lake for a digital projector and camera.
- Stony Creek Public Library for blue prints and library expansion plans.
- Mountain Lakes TV, Plattsburgh to underwrite their Adirondack “Art Express” series.
- Chester Library for a new circulation computer.
- Central Adirondacks Partnership for computer equipment and training programs.
The Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation is a private foundation created in December of 2000 to “improve the Quality of Life for year round residents of the Adirondack Park”.
Applications for 2003-2004 funding will be accepted between July 1, 2003 and August 30, 2003. The foundation can be contacted by writing PO Box 105, Johnsburg, NY 12843 or via their website www.Pearsallfoundation.org.